Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Preinstitute Day Three
The third preinstitute day was more encouraging to me than the previous. I left feeling more confident about my demo. It was also great to see two more demos as I begin to prepare for my own. My favorite strategies from the demos were jazzing the text and found poetry. I have been using jazzing the text with my class this week. I began trying to have my students choose a sentence and a word, but this was a little overwhelming for my third graders. I altered my plan for the students to choose only a word, the most important word in the passage. When the students share I write the words on the board. Then we go back and discuss why they chose those words. My students are really enjoying this strategy and are looking forward to adding the sentence. I also enjoyed found poetry. I had heard of found poetry before, but I have never tried it. I really enjoyed it and I have planned to use it next week in my enrichment activities for PASS testing. It was also fun to experiment with the camera and editing software for our PSA. I have never used that software before, and I look forward to learning more and more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment