Reading a book in an hour was an interesting experience. I had completed this exercise previously in my reading methods course, but I found that completing it a second time was easier because I was familiar with the process. It also probably helped that I had read the text before.
Completing this exercise was beneficial because it allowed me to review the material in a timely manner. Rereading the text on my own would have taken days, while reading it in an hour with my classmates provided a thorough review. I remembered the main ideas of the writer's workshop: allowing students ample time to write, giving them choice in their writing, and weekly conferencing with each student. I had forgotten the elements of the mini lesson, teaching a short lesson on an important topic for writing and allowing students to put it to use during their writing time.
Overall I found the exercise of reading a book in an hour a unique experience. I would prefer to read a text on my own if time allowed because I believe I would better remember the information.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment