My first reaction to presenting my demo again is sheer nerves, but after thinking for a few minutes about how I successfully presented to my demo to my close peer group, I know I am capable of presenting to a greater audience. The places I see myself presenting are in conferences, graduate courses, and after-school professional development. I can picture myself presenting at in all of these areas because I know my audience will be eager to learn what I have to share.
I can picture myself presenting at conferences the easiest. I have attended two UWP conferences both as a student and as a teacher. I know how eager I was to learn new strategies and how excited I was leaving the conference with new ideas.
I also picture myself presenting for graduate courses because I have only been out of student mode for a year. I understand the demands students face and I believe my demo would be, not only useful, but also entertaining.
I picture myself presenting in after-school professional development as I have already shared some of the strategies I have learned with some faculty members at the school I am moving to. I have even been asked to aid the instructional coach in the first faculty meeting using the jazzing the text and found poetry strategy I learned from Shasta.
Being a new teacher I don’t feel like I can give a tremendous amount of time outside of my new school and classroom, but I do feel like my demo would be helpful as well as entertaining to teachers.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment