Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Institute Reflection Day 1 Week 4-Morning

This morning we wrote in our journals about what areas we would be interested in for continuing with the Upstate Writing Project. Here is my journal entry.

The areas I am interested in to become more involved with the Upstate Writing Project as a teacher consultant are New Teacher Initiative and the Young Writers Tech Camp.

I am interested in the New Teacher Initiative because I want to encourage new teachers to participate with the Upstate Writing Project. I was hesitant to join the Upstate Writing Project’s Summer Institute because I am a new teacher, but I am glad I decided to take on the challenge. I have learned so many techniques and practices that I will be able to offer my students and colleges, and I have rekindled the love and passion for writing that I use to have before adult life consumed me. I know this renewed passion will transfer into my teaching, making me a better teacher.

I am interested in the Young Writers Tech Camp because I love the use of technology in the classroom. I would find it rewarding to teach students about technology in a technology focused atmosphere. I think taking part in the camp would also help me become a better teacher of technology in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment