Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Institute Reflection Day 2 Week 4

Today was a wonderful day with the Upstate Writing Project's Summer Institute. I cannot wait to use both strategies presented in the teaching demos today in my own classroom. Anna's demo on scenic sound can greatly enhance my lesson on onomatopoeia, further adding description to writing. Mindy's demo on evoking emotion will greatly enhance my social studies instruction as well as other subject areas. Using role play evokes emotion and makes writing more authentic, especially in young children.

The reading group session was interesting today as well. I enjoyed getting to meet with peers that are reading different texts and teaching different grade levels. It was great to make the connection that no matter what grade level we teach, we still have many things in common.

The tech session today has been my favorite thus far. Podcasting is incredibly easy! I cannot wait to use this strategy to publish in my classroom, enhance my presentations, build classroom community, and all the many uses podcasting lends to. I also enjoyed viewing the footage my writing gathered for our National Day of Writing awareness video. I can't wait to see what new footage has been gathered this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment