Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Institute Reflection Day 5 Week 3

It was great being back in Clemson for the field trip on Friday. The botanical gardens are so peaceful and beautiful. The reading Dawn shared and the sounds of the nearby water running inspired this piece.

A river...a creation often thought of in reference to beauty. It holds reflections of nature and happy smiling faces in its depths. So many take refuge in this glass like fortress, a home to protect and to provide. It sings songs of relaxation and peace, calling to come near and embrace its beauty.

A river...the symbol of fear and death. It captures the life of those who enter this place. Its power takes hold, relentless. A prison. A punishment for disturbing its peaceful state, requiring you to become one with the river.

The excerpt from One Foot in Eden was captivating. I can't wait to read this book. I read the section from Billy, the husband's, point of view, but I wrote a journal entry from Amy, the wife's, point of view.

Oh the aches I feel in my soul. Trying to relieve on ache with another has caused even another! What have I done? Taking a life that gave a life, my poor husband's soul. How did I drive him to this? Will I ever be able to enjoy this baby that grows inside of me, or will it always remind me of all the aching?

No comments:

Post a Comment