Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Institute Reflection Day 3 Week 3

I love the days we are given time to simply write for an hour or longer. This time allows my soul to breath and to release all that it is holding onto. I missed most of this time today because I was reviewing my demo I will present tomorrow. I did find some time to revisit some works I have already begun. This was just as liberating as writing a new meaningful piece because it was just that, a meaningful piece added to an existing piece. Rebecca's demo began this revision process for me. I am so excited to have a strategy to teach revision to my students. It is such an important step that I have previously struggled with teaching. I am also excited to use the dialogue strategy I learned from Ann's demo. Dialogue is something else I struggled with teaching as a new teacher. The strategy she showed today will help my students better understand this concept. I am looking forward to presenting tomorrow and devoting my time to my writing and not teaching writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment