Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Institute Reflection Day 3 Week 4

Today was a very packed day! We had the privilege to meet some of the participants in the young writers camp. Pasty and I shared our writing with the children, and they shared their writing with us. I was amazed at the quality of writing these students were creating. It was inspiring to see such driven young writers.

Amanda's demo was fun! We were able to put ourselves in someones shoes. It was a great strategy to teach perspective. I can't wait to use this strategy with my students.

The time to writing today was definitely needed and well spent. I am having trouble bringing my pieces to a resting place. I know you are never truly finished with writing, but I struggle leaving mine alone. I am enjoying the time to write! I'm ready to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment